Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiler Did anyone find Tesla to be difficult?
Fleische Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Did anyone find Tesla to be difficult?

Yeah, although as previously said I enjoyed the London destruction/chase sequence I feel games like this tend to fall down when you see human beings, even dead ones, because the graphics just aren't up to it -- the people don't look 'real'.

Not to criticise MFP's graphical quality which is superb, but while I'm OK with environmental graphics (especially in a game where it's all shrouded in darkness anyway) and fantastical creatures and even non-human real world creatures (as with written descriptions my brain fills in the blanks and probably redoes the details I find lacking) with humans they're invariably a bit of a let down and cartoonish (= immersion breaker). The more skin you see, the worse it is.

I guess this is because the human form, specially the face, is hardwired into your brain so it's a bit disappointing when you are presented with a supposed representation of a human which doesn't measure up to your internal expectations.

That's also why I'm not sure I agree with people who felt let down that the children were ghosts. Had they been live IMO iit would have been much more of a let down when you actually saw them face to face.
10-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did anyone find Tesla to be difficult? - by Fleische - 10-12-2013, 03:42 PM