Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Idea: Unofficial Frictional Games Podcast
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Idea: Unofficial Frictional Games Podcast

Sweet, it seems everyone's on board with the idea!

What we need to figure out:
  1. Who will be the host, and what will his/her qualities/skills need to be?
  2. How often will the show be recorded/released?
  3. How long should each episode last?
  4. Which regular features should the show have?
My answers:
  1. Someone who can speak English fluently & clearly, is somewhat personable and friendly and won't be a dick/make grossly inappropriate remarks. This rules me out!
  2. I'd say once a fortnight would be a comfortable/realistic frequency.
  3. An hour?
  4. I have a few ideas:
    • News & updates about SOMA or any other current Frictional Games project.
    • Information about sales/discounts, patches, new technical support tips and tricks, etc.
    • Retrospectives/post-mortems about previous FG games. This could involve going over the stories, talking about the things which were cut/changed in the final version, schedule interviews with the writers, modellers, composers, actors, etc.
    • Custom story and Let's Play discussion. The latest CSs, the latest Let's Plays, interviews with Let's Players and CS designers, etc. Perhaps a special edition for speedrunning.
    • Discussion about horror game development, along the lines of Thomas' tweets and blog posts.
    • Q&A session, in which questions asked by forum members are answered "on air". Not sure what subjects they could cover, though.

I think the shows should be somewhat scripted, or at least heavily stage-managed. The last thing we need is some meandering, rambling shit-shooting party. We already have the Skype thread for that!
11-02-2013, 05:23 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idea: Unofficial Frictional Games Podcast - by Paddy™ - 11-02-2013, 05:23 AM