Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Downloaded Penumbra Through Steam. Not working on Mavericks.
FatKidWitAJetPak Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Downloaded Penumbra Through Steam. Not working on Mavericks.

Here are the tech specs of my laptop:

10.9.0 (Mavericks)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

It is a Mid 2013, 15'' Macbook Pro Retina. Fully updated.

This is just me throwing out research with only basic knowledge, but the "CGDisplayBaseAddress is obsolete" error may be what is causing this. It turns out this Quartz display service was discontinued after 10.0.6. I am not sure if people have been experiencing problems with Lion and Mountain Lion as well, because those do not include the Quartz service either. Anyway, here is what I have found:

"CGDisplayBaseAddress
Returns the base address in framebuffer memory of an online display. (Available in OS X v10.0 through OS X v10.6. There is no replacement; because direct access to the raw framebuffer is not necessary, there is no need to retrieve its memory address.)

void * CGDisplayBaseAddress (
CGDirectDisplayID display
);
Parameters
display
The identifier of the display to be accessed.
Return Value
The base address in framebuffer memory of the specified display. If the display ID is invalid, the return value is NULL.

Discussion
If the display has not been captured, the returned address may refer to read-only memory.

Special Considerations
This deprecated function returned an address in framebuffer memory. Instead of using the raw framebuffer to draw to the screen, you should instead use a supported drawing engine such as Quartz or OpenGL. While accessing the framebuffer directly has been deprecated, it is possible to copy screen data using CGDisplayCreateImage.

Availability
Available in OS X v10.0 through OS X v10.6.
Deprecated in OS X v10.6.
Declared In
CGDirectDisplay.h"

Yep, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the graphics switching. (if I am using the correct terminology)

12/1/13 4:20:51.036 PM Penumbra[27705]: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
12/1/13 4:20:51.036 PM Penumbra[27705]: CPSSetForegroundOperationState(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
12/1/13 4:20:52.523 PM Penumbra[27705]: CGDisplayBaseAddress is obsolete and returning NULL for display 0x7bd7fc7f
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 11:24 PM by FatKidWitAJetPak.)
12-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Downloaded Penumbra Through Steam. Not working on Mavericks. - by FatKidWitAJetPak - 12-01-2013, 11:07 PM