Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Think the next game will require more?
Rya.Reisender Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Think the next game will require more?

Yeah I also see the different developer's here. AMFP was made by the dudes that did Dear Esther, so thinking that it feels like Dear Esther 2 is quite normal. In fact if you didn't know it's by the same group, then good observation.

I think Amnesia TDD was quite a bit of an improvement over Penumbra. So my hopes for FG's future game are actually quite high. At the same time I know what to expect of a game that is made by Chinese Room. I don't really dislike them, but I expect a completely different game from them than I expect from FG.

Of course I hope that FG also learns from the criticism that CR got for AMFP.

Edit: If we generally talk about game difficulty, I'd say that there needs to be a perfect balance in horror games. If the game is too hard then it makes too many people quit. If the game is too easy the game is just boring. There needs to be a good middle way which I think TDD already found pretty well.
Though of course each player likes a different difficulty the most. I think horror games are one of the few genres that actually benefit from a difficulty setting (especially when it's separate for combat and puzzles).
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 12:45 PM by Rya.Reisender.)
12-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Think the next game will require more? - by Rya.Reisender - 12-12-2013, 12:42 PM