Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Think the next game will require more?
Kappa048487127 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Think the next game will require more?

(12-15-2013, 08:06 PM)daortir Wrote: So, what's the purpose of this topic ? I can see the attempt at trash-talking The Dark Descent and the usual "AMFP sucks balls because fucking TCR made something different", but I don't see gameplay suggestions in your post, or any idea to make the story of TDD/AMFP deeper. Basically I don't see anything else than trashtalking.
This wasn't really directed at me, but this is an open forum afterall.

I think that AMFP removing sanity, lamp oil, and the inventory was a bad idea. I think it just makes the game more limited, and it takes away a bit. I don't think that removing those things added to the immersion at all.

(12-15-2013, 08:06 PM)daortir Wrote: I'm curious to see what you, as an old fan of Frictional Games, who knew Penumbra before it was cool, have to suggest.
It doesn't matter when he started playing the game, or when he discovered it.

(12-12-2013, 10:38 AM)Skandis Wrote: As any long-time fan can tell you, Amnesia was essentially Penumbra for those who thought it was too deep, hard and scary. Storyline was simplified, difficulty was toned down with gimmicks and stuff like no-autosave was removed for convenience and to tone down the scary.
Not quite as long. I've been around [lurking] since late 2012, and I started off with Penumbra. I'd say Amnesia/Penumbra are on the same level, story wise that is, but of course given that Amnesia is newer it did have graphical improvements.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 07:59 AM by Kappa048487127.)
12-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Think the next game will require more? - by Kappa048487127 - 12-16-2013, 07:54 AM