Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How many puzzles?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tons of puzzles, I love adventure games
24.14%
21 24.14%
A reasonable amount, I don't want to spend 3/4 of the game solving puzzles, but I enjoy them
60.92%
53 60.92%
Not very many, I don't really like solving puzzles but a few here and there is okay
12.64%
11 12.64%
None at all, I want my game to be a movie
2.30%
2 2.30%
Total 87 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead?
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead?

Too many complicated puzzles is one thing I hate in atmospheric games. It just ruin everything for me, but it's most likely because I suck at solving them I guess x). I can see why they are necessary when it comes to the gameplay experience, but too many make me frustrated and annoyed.
I'd prefer SOMA to be focused on the themes they want to explore -what is it that defines mankind if I am not mistaken, on the atmosphere and maps than it being puzzle-based. It would be a complete disappointment for me to see that SOMA is a puzzle game. 

I am not afraid though, because I know that FG will know the right amount of puzzles to solve, and I really don't think they will fail to build up an amazing atmosphere and a fascinating universe.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2014, 03:30 PM by daortir.)
01-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - by daortir - 01-18-2014, 03:30 PM