Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod

(08-16-2014, 12:48 AM)Juras Wrote: How are we ignoring the feedback? Dude, I think I have the right to argue sometimes when I feel that I have to and when I not agree to something, otherwise I would just be a damn tool and do everything that everyone is telling me. I'm pretty sure I didn't ignore any of the critiques here and if I didn't agree with some I explained why I did that and made a compromise as well. You told me to upgrade the texture, I explained why we couldn't do that. But now you told me that we can sacrifice particles and lights to compensate which is a lot more reasonable than just telling me to do something and "knowing" it's possible when you haven't made an exterior this big yourself. See, that's compromise and now I can tell you that we we'll use your tip about compensating by removing some particles.

You ignore feedback by saying "oh it can't be fixed; we're at the engine's limit" (when that's absolutely not true - I've seen the engine's limit on a low-end computer), "I don't care what ___ says s/he knows; they should prove it to us before we'll listen" or "I know what you mean about ____ but come on, why are you complaining about that?"

Although you're welcome to continue arguing until you're blue in the face, there's absolutely no reason to get defensive when people are trying to help you improve. That's really all that anyone providing feedback is doing. It's not an attack, it's not an insult; it's help. While you don't have to take every bit of feedback, you could at least try it out, see what happens when you follow the feedback. If you don't like the result, then you don't have to keep it. That way, you can respond with "okay, we tried that/thought about it, but it won't work because <insert logical, good reason here>", then the person providing feedback can respond with "here's a suggestion on how you can make it work" and the cycle of people learning and teaching continues as it should.

Responding to a comment doesn't necessarily mean you're addressing the criticism, either. From what I've seen, you deflect the critique completely (examples above), saying "yeah, that's not important", or worse: "we're not going to change those things" which makes it seem like you don't really care about how your mod turns out at all.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2014, 01:06 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
08-16-2014, 01:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by Wapez - 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-11-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by CarnivorousJelly - 08-16-2014, 01:04 AM