Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod

(08-16-2014, 01:54 AM)Robosprog Wrote: I have a status?

I have a status! Look, I'm special mommy!

Seriously, if you think I ask for respect, you're an idiot. I'm by far one of the most aggressive and disliked people on the forums overall, I know I will get disrespect. Not respect. The people who believe in this kind of "Everyone but me demands respect" are generally the real culprits. The whole frunken team has had this issue, where you all expect respect from the community for no reason, going so far as to ask for donations on your webpage.
Don't be hypocritical about this whole ordeal.

It looks a lot like you're taking all respect in the world for granted when you're popping up in our thread throwing yourself into the opportunity to review (I'd say complain about though) something that we've made when we neither announced the demo here, or asked for any criticism on it elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that's either asking for, or implying that you already have, our respect.

If it's not though, if you're actually not craving this respect, then the only reason for you to be here and to write all this stuff is for you to, in publicity, look down on someone else. To feel better about yourself maybe, I wouldn't know. Or just to make a point, "you're not as good as you think you are".

And you know what, maybe you're right. I can deal with that. Maybe we have some serious problems to work out. But for now, I wouldn't know. Because I don't really give a shit about what some random, aggressive guy behind a Bruce Lee avatar thinks about us. Maybe I'd realize these potential flaws in our personalities or whatever, if the one telling me of their existence had at least the slightest sense of exchanging respect. Of not fucking one another over for the fun of it.

I'm implying this since I don't think that the other solution (you just liking and enjoying and caring so much about our mod that you HAVE to help us improve it as MUCH and FAST as possible) is even reasonable. If that was the case, I wouldn't know if I should cry or laugh.

So if we all in the future could stick to the actual feedback, and keep everything else out of this thread (I'm available for discussions on how to become a better game developer, or hell, even a better person, in PM's anytime) I'd be very, very happy.

Thanks.

(08-16-2014, 02:12 AM)AGP Wrote: I did play the demo myself, and honestly, the only thing not addressed that bugged me was my own voice. I'll be redoing that audio for you guys so it sounds better. Smile

And of course, Brian did an absolutely beautiful job!

I also loved the custom wall texture in the guest room area.

Other than that, there is nothing I can add that hasn't already been mentioned: the getting stuck in some areas outside, the back road at the start, and the lighting.

Really well done and I look forward to seeing the full release! Big Grin

Personally I think you did a great job, but if you want to re-do it, that's fine. Smile

We'll definitely work on the addressed bugs and issues, and triple-polish (at least) the maps until the full version is released.

Thanks! Big Grin

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2014, 02:34 AM by Wapez.)
08-16-2014, 02:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by Wapez - 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-11-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM