Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious about internal names.
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Curious about internal names.

Hehe, some of the script functions I name are sometimes slightly exaggerated. I had a record player spin vinyls until it broke, and when it did, I had it be set on fire and break the vinyl so I named the function F*ckSh*tUp.

Anyways, yeah I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping the name blank, I'm just not sure if it's recommended to use a name at all times. So far I've had no issues of course, but perhaps there's something internal that happens that I'm not aware of, kinda like using non-pow^2 textures. They work sometimes, but they report a warning.

I suppose what I'm wondering is similar to the use of f after a float value. Instead of writing 1.0f I just write 1 because it's simpler. As far as I know it's unnecessary in this case because the script already knows what the data type is. In something like Java it has a bigger role, and generally coders just like to use them as a reference that it is a float and not an integer.
I heard something about the f being more important if you're using doubles along with floats, in a way to distinguish them, but I'm not sure.

Well, I guess this is just general scripting behaviour and something I should look up somewhere... when I can be bothered to.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 02:50 PM by Mudbill.)
02-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Curious about internal names. - by Mudbill - 02-11-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Curious about internal names. - by Mudbill - 02-11-2014, 02:49 PM