The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Laptop problems, maybe someone here has a tip?
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
Laptop problems, maybe someone here has a tip?

Yo guys and gals. I wanted to drop this in here to see if any of you beauties could give me pointers to what's wrong with my piece of shit laptop.

Besides my mouse possibly dying and randomly disabling at times, my computer does this thing to my cpu where when I play a game, the fans are nice and quiet as normal for about 5-10 minutes. Then RANDOMLY there on out, the fan will spike to possibly 100% speed for a couple seconds. It'll then slowly start to slow back down. Then randomly spike up to max speed again. It gets loud and annoying, but the funny thing? Never once do I experience framedrops when it happens. I did a virus and malware scan and anything was removed and it still does it, so I don't believe it's that.

I'm curious if I should take the challenge and crack it open to clean and re-apply thermal paste onto the components (got it 3 years ago,Ithink my warrantee is up) or possibly do another factory reset in case there WAS some malicious content plaguing my computer. Mind you, this ONLY happens when I play games and there are no hiccups or framedrops. When I'm modeling or browsing the internet, nothing strange happens.

Any ideas? I'm tempted to try cleaning it. I may be fucking up the components. This thing isn't easy to disassemble though... With my mouse taking a dump and now my computer whenever I try playing a game, I'm slowly losing my mind.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2014, 04:30 AM by Statyk.)
04-13-2014, 04:29 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Laptop problems, maybe someone here has a tip? - by Statyk - 04-13-2014, 04:29 AM