The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Is my optical mouse possibly dying?
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Is my optical mouse possibly dying?

Hello reader!

So, I've recently noticed that my mouse is doing some weird stuff. First things first, I cleaned the mouse, and the issue still remained, so it's not that. The issue I get, though, is that if I hold Left-Click for a while, or even if I move the mouse whilst holding it, the mouse will stop for a split second, and reinitiate (it doesn't show it, but it's like I let go of the button for a tiny while without noticing), and sometimes it acts as if I've double clicked or more.

This issue kept happening at random points during usage. Sometimes, even when moving the mouse, it hiccups. Here are some of the things that I've tried.

1) Thorough cleaning of the mouse.
2) Malware/Virus check
3) Cable check for the mouse (and it turns up fine)
4) Check the sensors if something was interfering with it
5) Checked the USB slots, in case something was causing the issue
6) Switched the places for the mouse, but no go.

It's possible my mouse is simply dying at this point, but I want to be sure before going out to get another one. Anyone have any suggestions/help?

Thx a lot in the meantime!

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
04-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Is my optical mouse possibly dying? - by Robby - 04-23-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Is my optical mouse possibly dying? - by Red - 04-23-2014, 03:18 PM