The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Modify Room on Script Area?
Mipz Offline

Threads: 2
Modify Room on Script Area?

Firstly, I'm new to the editor so maybe I'm overlooking one of the uses of the functions listed in the library.

What I want to happen:
When a player enters the script area, a room somewhere on the map is essentially "swapped" out with a different room. That way when they go back to the original room, they realize that it's actually completely different.Here's a graphical example if I'm not clear.

My proposed ideas:
Option one:
Create two rooms, make one active and the other inactive. Stack them on top of each other. When the player hits the script area, make the active become inactive and the inactive become active. This also requires making the walls entities somehow (no idea how :[), and is generally a LOT of work.

Option two:
Create Player Start areas inside of a doorframe, have the player teleport to the new start area when he enters the script area. Again, here's a diagram if I'm unclear. The problem with this method is that I'm worried it'll give the player a slight flicker as it alters his position.
05-09-2014, 05:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Modify Room on Script Area? - by Mipz - 05-09-2014, 05:43 AM
RE: Modify Room on Script Area? - by Romulator - 05-09-2014, 07:20 AM
RE: Modify Room on Script Area? - by Mipz - 05-09-2014, 07:28 AM
RE: Modify Room on Script Area? - by Mudbill - 05-09-2014, 09:19 AM