Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-game Debug Menu
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: In-game Debug Menu

Thanks for the suggestion. I suppose that is the only way. Ah well, not a very big deal, but it would be nice to do something with.

I tried looking for programs that do such. Since I'm using a Mac OS, results are likely a lot fewer than Windows. I found some, but I'm not sure if they do exactly what I want. There's one called Palua, which appears to be very simple and effective (it basically modifies what F-keys do just when a specific app is running in the foreground), but it costs $1. I'd buy it, but I just don't know if it's as good as I think and whether I'm actually gonna end up using it, because it has no trial. One thing it supposedly does NOT have, is the option for just specific F-keys, so it basically changes all or none in the app.

I can easily change whether I need the fn key for the default F-functions, but I like to use the special function (volume control, monitor brightness, quick access to apps) that are also labeled on some of those keys. I think it would be just as much of a hassle to hold fn when changing the volume as it would be to open the debug menu.

This whole little situation is very simple to do something about, but it's also not very important. It's all just to make things slightly more convenient. What would be perfect would be an app that lets you choose which F-keys to change, or maybe something that maps my Mouse 4 button to F1 - That would be incredibly handy.

Well, I might look around some more and see if I find something. Thanks again!

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2014, 04:53 PM by Mudbill.)
05-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
In-game Debug Menu - by Mudbill - 05-14-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: In-game Debug Menu - by WALP - 05-15-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: In-game Debug Menu - by Mudbill - 05-16-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: In-game Debug Menu - by Kreekakon - 05-16-2014, 05:10 PM
RE: In-game Debug Menu - by Mudbill - 05-16-2014, 05:40 PM