Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick question about alpha (Material editor)
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Quick question about alpha (Material editor)

(05-25-2014, 02:37 AM)Romulator Wrote: IIRC, you make the area you want to be transparent either black or white (one of the two, think it is white) and leave the other parts colored in with your image. Something along those lines.

Well, when it comes to alpha, white = opaque and black = transparent. Any greyvalue in between would be translucent at the strength of the value. Using only white/black only allows for either full texture or no texture, but I want a slightly see-through texture (because it is considered a glass lens). Putting the general type to translucent instead of soliddiffuse makes the whole object translucent, though it does make the alpha area more than the rest, but I can't have the rest use it at all.

So I guess the problem is that I want semi-transparency instead of something that cuts out a whole part of the image.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2014, 03:02 AM by Mudbill.)
05-25-2014, 02:59 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick question about alpha (Material editor) - by Mudbill - 05-25-2014, 02:59 AM