Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Collection review
Meowington T Cat Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Penumbra Collection review

I would have scored the game a little higher, personally. I can't remember playing a game so original and fresh since the old golden times of PC Gaming. Having played most retail games out nowadays with high production values and hype, I can say that most of them have been somewhat of an empty experience, seemingly spending more time on making the games a technical wonder than on art value (audio, writing, storytelling, innovation, etc) Sometimes I won't even finish a game, losing interest halfway through, or rushing the half end of the game just to get it over with.

This game sucked me in all the way through, had some awesome moments, and a great ending. Probably one of the most frightening games I've played, due to the fact that I felt so vulnerable to whatever was attacking me. Not that the game didn't have its share of issues, but it's one of those games that just leaves a lasting impression on you after it's over. Hats off to the guys who made this game, I'm definately going to recommend it to everyone I know with a PC.
02-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra Collection review - by LTS - 02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
RE: Penumbra Collection review - by Xanatos - 12-08-2010, 09:28 PM