Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Have you ever created a self-insert character?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Have you ever created a self-insert character?

(08-17-2014, 07:09 AM)AGP Wrote: As with inserting myself into my own stories: all the time. Personally, I find it easiest to put a little bit of myself into each character. One of the bigger stories I'm working on, there is a female character (who was in her genesis actually me) whom I basically pushed all my sadness and despair into along with a personal descent in madness that I often feel like I'm going down.

Another one is actually a second custom story I'm on-and-off working on (it may or may not ever be released; so far it's more of a venting tool). The whole story and the main character is essentially me, but I don't want to delve too much into specifics if ever I do get around to releasing it as a custom story.

I've done something akin to that before; whenever I was going through a rough patch, I used to write about characters going through the same thing as a means of exploring how I felt about what was happening. Very therapeutic, to say the least.

That sounds really interesting! I like the idea of creating things as a means of venting [particularly when it comes to game development]. Maybe because I tend to bottle up all of my emotions.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
08-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever created a self-insert character? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 08-23-2014, 10:40 PM