The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Telltale's Walking Dead Season 2 (WARNING: UNMARKED SPOILERS)
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Telltale's Walking Dead Season 2 (WARNING: UNMARKED SPOILERS)

Hello everyone! I assume that most people have finished the Walking Dead Season 2 which ended a few days ago. I saw that some people were talking about it in the Random Thread, so I thought I'd make a dedicated thread for anyone who felt like talking about it some more.

Given that almost EVERY post which goes a bit deeper will have spoilers, I just thought we'll just remove the need for spoiler tags altogether in this thread for convenience, and just leave a warning in the thread title.

I'll start by talking a bit about what I thought. I probably won't go as in-depth as I usually do since I'm not feeling up to it currently.

--------------------------------------------

So personally I thought that Walking Dead Season 2 was an okay to good installment when compared to the first season. It is not bad, but definitely not up there with how good season 1 was.

The main issue I personally noticed lingering throughout the whole season was that it was difficult to get invested. In season 1, I constantly felt that everything that was happening was very tight, and things that I really felt like mattered to me, and cared about.

That feeling is not as strong in season 2. The best way to describe the feeling is that season 2 overall felt more "tame" to me.

In regards to what most people have been talking about in the Random Thread, which is regarding Kenny, and his eventually (possible) downfall, I have a bit of a different opinion on that one.

To me I definitely could see that Kenny was snapping quite a lot under all this pressure, and was getting extremely volatile. But I thought the story was still presented in such a way that I still couldn't hate him. I saw him as a troubled person who was having extreme difficulty controlling his emotions, but was still at core a good person underneath all that. That was a main thing that kept me siding with Kenny, and talking back against the other characters when they bad-mouthed him.

Again the simplest way to put it is that I thought of Kenny as someone that I was very disappointed/distasteful of the actions he was taking, but will still stand by him regardless because I know he's in actuality a better person who's lost his way.

However at the very, very end of the story, when Kenny, and Jane start fighting my distaste for Kenny reached its peak, and I was seriously considering killing Kenny at this point because I felt like he may have truly gone too far. In the end though I still decided that I wouldn't do it, because my hope of Kenny had not completely evaporated yet, and even if it meant Jane was going to die, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

In the very end though I was glad that I didn't do it, because Kenny's good nature seemed to shine through very strongly at the ending after the major choice, and I personally found the ending very touching, and I respected Kenny a lot for some of the things he said during it.

--------------------------------------------------

That's all I'll be saying for now. I might post some thoughts on some of the things that happened in other episodes later, but that's it for now!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Telltale's Walking Dead Season 2 (WARNING: UNMARKED SPOILERS) - by Kreekakon - 08-28-2014, 08:27 AM