Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks

(09-04-2014, 05:43 PM)MrBehemoth Wrote: I understand where you are coming from Kreekakon but I think that your analogy, to a certain extent, belittles the trauma of rape. I know you don't mean it that way.

Whilst having private and sexual photos made public is a form of violation, the two arguments you juxtapose are not comparable. What would be more correct is that "to say the ordeal is partially their fault is like saying that girls are partially at fault for being ogled because they worse skimpy clothing" which would still be a very morally questionable view and the comparison would support your argument. I just think that rape is so abhorrent and mentally damaging that these two things don't compare, and that if the subjects of the photos were to claim that they feel "raped" then they would be overplaying the sense of violation that they feel.

I did not mean for the example to be taken so literally. I used rape simply as a "bad happening", and nothing more than that. In the context of the example, and what I had intended for it, the emotional trauma was not accounted for by me.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks - by Kreekakon - 09-04-2014, 07:10 PM