Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra App
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Penumbra App

(04-15-2009, 04:22 PM)Scraper Wrote: OK, looks like graphic problem is solved, but what about my idea about the gameplay?
I mean, how it would be possible to make the gameplay on iPhone same as in PC version (grap, move and throw) with only one touch screen and no buttons at all..?

If I think fast I just can't imagine how's it gonna work.
Someone else could try to explain... Wink:

Yeah, that's the main problem for pretty much all iPhone games. Cube uses a virtual d-pad in the bottom left corner, the accelerometer to turn around (you just tilt it right to turn right and then stop tilting it to stop turning, you don't have to turn around 180 degrees in reality to do so in the game) and three virtual buttons in the other corners to shoot, jump and open the menu/switch weapons. If the game was FPS it would pretty much have to use that or two virtual d-pads to walk/look around and the other buttons to jump/use. Perhaps touching stuff on the screen and swiping to move them around or use only scripted physics like moving cranes around and such.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra App - by thelonepiper - 04-13-2009, 01:03 AM