Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra App
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Penumbra App

(04-20-2009, 08:49 AM)Tommy Gun Wrote: Eh, dementiums pretty crappy, story is rubbish and the weapons are very dull. pistol, shotgun, baton. etc. though the puzzles are cool and the controls are easy to master.

Have you seen silent hill for iphone? its utterly terrible, its in first person, and you tap the enemy to fire, have to tilt the iphone into a certain posistion to reload, and flick the screen in the direction you want to walk.
Its almost impossible to use in short.

But then there's the whole problem of converting it to a recognizable format, changing it to flash, cutting bits of the game,redoing the textures. Whole mountain of problems, which is mainly why small time game developers stick to a specific gaming platform.
Frictional stays with pc, and we love ya for that fg Big Grin:

Haven't played Demenium, I was just using it to show what a gameplay screen could look like.
Haven't played Silent Hill for the iPhone either, but it's pretty lame. That doesn't mean FPSes have to be lame on phones, check Cube out. Works except for terrible lag but all the middle-ish maps on the second page works lag-free. At least the ones I tried. Imagine Cube with lower walking speed and way less focus on action, that could work. Or perhaps all action could be removed. In that case the entire screen except for a d-pad and an inventory button could be used to manipulate physics objects. The iPhone can't handle a lot of that, but it could probably handle something Half Life-ish. Half Life didn't have any great physics puzzles from what I can remember, but some standard throwing-crates-into-the-water never really gets old.

Also, if they made an iPhone App they could naturally make it from scratch or borrowing some engine. Converting HPL 2.0 would be lots of trouble.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
04-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra App - by thelonepiper - 04-13-2009, 01:03 AM