Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New blog post on combat in Penumbra
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: New blog post on combat in Penumbra

The first time I played Overture, I didn't use any of the "weapons" (now reffering to the pickaxe and hammer), I used the environment instead, by throwing rocks at the enemy repeatedly until they died. But my last play-throughs I played it as intended, which wasn't much of a big difference to me.

The biggest flaw with Penumbra was the lack of actually feel like being the character you're playing, I am, like many other gamers, used to getting immersed into the character you're currently playing but in Penumbra, everything that happened to the character never felt like it really happened, you got a red flash and that's it. I think the way to improve this is to add some more effects on the damaging part, without ruining or overdone it of course.

One thing that I got annoyed at in Black Plague was that you got absolutelly no chance to punch the infected, I mean, is Philip dissabled or something? You could only throw things at them, but not use your own body to inflict a stunning effect or the like. Oh wait, I forgot Philip's got no hands.. Tongue:

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New blog post on combat in Penumbra - by Thomas - 06-09-2009, 01:22 PM