The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: refreshing concept
Renegade_ Offline

Threads: 2
Penumbra: refreshing concept

Just got through playing BP and I have to say, it's quite a refreshing change in concept from most FPS and virtually any other game out there right now. I applaud the bold and often brazen use of physics throughout game-play. Contrary to having heard it being tedious, I found the physics puzzles were realistic enough to give purpose to what they were supposed to be resembling, yet respected the limits of user patience.

Graphics were splendid and attention to detail enough to keep the atmosphere daunting and engaging all the way through the game.

One aspect I'm still uncertain of whether as a pro or con is that the world did have a linear design. I suppose this is necessary to avoid frustration, but I found it almost uncanny after about 2 hours of play that just about every decision in navigation was easily solved using the right-hand rule. But yet there was something satisfying knowing that I could enjoy the physics and logic problems without worrying about having to navigate some frustrating maze.

To summarize, I was introduced to this game and Frictional Studios from previously never having heard of them prior (courtesy the Steam 75% off promo); and have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Great game guys, kudos!
06-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra: refreshing concept - by Renegade_ - 06-14-2009, 02:06 PM