Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New Patch is HERE (August 30th!!) Feedback needed for final release.
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: New Patch is HERE (August 30th!!) Feedback needed for final release.

(09-06-2009, 11:15 AM)zak Wrote: Hi Urkle,
I am just installing and testing...
Installer works fine so far. I notice it says "Choose the existing directory where Penumbra: Overture is installed". Install went fine with GUI...
Guess I should have gone over it a bit more (it was a copy of the installer script from the Overture upgrade)

Quote:There is a new language file "English.lang" in "PenumbraCollection/Overture/". Isn't this supposed to be in the "config"-directory?
Oops.. Are you serious? Yup looks like I flubbed that one.. I've fixed it now. Thanks for pointing that one out.. I also fixed the labeling in the installer

Quote:All three games run fine (as they did before :-) ). I recognize the new Audio-Setting, but the option for hardware sound still does not work. I think we linux users have to abandon 5.1-surround sound, do we? :-( I do not use PulseAudio on my Debian unstable, so I cannot say anything about that. ALSA always fulfilled my needs.

I probably should have removed the "hardware" option in the menus as they don't do anything on linux/mac anyway. It was a Windows specific option that forces the "hardware" option for the Windows specific driver.

The OpenAL Soft driver I'm using *SHOULD* work assuming your Alsa drivers support it. (and yes pulse audio throws a big wrench and doesn't let you have hardware).

I'd suggest poking around the openal soft website for more info http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal.html

I will try to spend some time working on and testing nice surround support for Unknown (I need to find my rear speakers for my SB Live card :-D ).

Quote:Thanks for the work.
And PLEASE consider a native 64bit version for the next game.

Assuming all the libraries work in 64bit (namely Newton Physics and Angelscript) I should be able to. I just need to get 64bit linux installed on my MacPro for testing when I get to that point.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
09-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread