Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New Patch is HERE (August 30th!!) Feedback needed for final release.
danielpublic Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: New Patch is HERE (August 30th!!) Feedback needed for final release.

First of all "Hai thar"!

I applied the last patch, the one supplied:
ion Wrote:http://rapidshare.com/files/276633619/Pe....1-2995.sh
(rapidshare=true evil, BUT please for the love of something cute and furry or whatever gods you may have faith in use box.net.)

I also compiled and used libopenal.so.1.10.622 as hardyn above described here.

Sound still wasn't satisfactory, so I followed the advice regarding deleting libopenal.so from game dir.
That did not solve anything.

Details: Ubuntu karmic, x86_64, IntelHDA card, PulseAudio, NVIDIA - driver ver.190.42.
Somewhat detailed error description(could be better if I knew how): Sound cracks a bit and works for a while but then just dies, trying to close the game when sound is dead makes it the game hang and ssh from another host and kill -9 is the saviour.

Yes, I can agree that the experience with PulseAudio can be frustrating however it's not PulseAudio's fault, it's needed in the name of, amongst other things, cool stuff. This link might be enlightening as well for some Ubuntu users.

Thanks for a awesome game and your hard work! :3
11-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread