Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Using StaticProp Object With SetEntityActive
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Using StaticProp Object With SetEntityActive

When a custom entity disappears in the level editor, and gives off an error that says to check the log for details, it means that the level editor can't find the entity anymore.

This happens to me constantly. Pretty much my entire full conversion revolves around custom entities and if they aren't in the folders that are indexed for the level editor, they won't stay put, and will eventually disappear the next time the map is opened.

This is, like I've said, because the entity you're referencing can't be loaded, or more accurately, it can't be found by the level editor when you open the map, and this is because the file probably isn't found in the entity/static object folders inside Amnesia, and is instead kept in a custom directory.

Make a new folder inside the entities folder and name it whatever you want, and put any custom entities inside of it. This is so you can find them later, so the level editor can always find them, and so you can easily copy the folder over to your mod/CS when you're ready to distribute it. In distribution, the game will find the necessary custom files on it's own as long as they accompany the custom story in the download.

12-21-2014, 06:36 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using StaticProp Object With SetEntityActive - by MsHannerBananer - 12-21-2014, 06:36 AM