Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Best Way to Copy a Mass Amount of Files to Another PC?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Best Way to Copy a Mass Amount of Files to Another PC?

(12-21-2014, 12:19 AM)Mudbill Wrote: You can try to compress it into .zip files using something like WinRAR but it surely isn't necessary. Compressed files are quicker to transfer cause they are smaller in file size, but including the time it takes to compress them probably won't justify doing it, however it is an option. It will make many files placed into a single compressed archive, which can be easier to move.

Otherwise, even if your OS is corrupted, if it still is functional it should be able to copy and paste files around. Seeing as you have a laptop, you probably won't be switching hard drives around, so if you can get a USB flash drive, you can use that, but it will probably take some time unless you get a fairly large one. You can get an actual USB external hard drive instead, which should have enough capacity.

One concern I have about copying and pasting is that whenever I try to copy large amounts of data to paste elsewhere, it tends to freeze my computer, forcing me to reboot it manually. I've also run into the problem of trying to copy some files over to my external hard drive and getting the blue screen because one of them was apparently corrupted and unable to be read [and yet it opened just fine before I tried to copy it over].

Regardless, thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
12-21-2014, 03:08 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Way to Copy a Mass Amount of Files to Another PC? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 12-21-2014, 03:08 AM