The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Slackware 12.2 - After Intro Games Will Not Work (yet)
dennola4 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Slackware 12.2 - After Intro Games Will Not Work (yet)

I'll start by saying I think you guys are cool for porting to Linux and for offering the whole trilogy for $5. Also, I'm relatively new to Linux and am slowly learning on Slackware 12.2, so any instructions should be extremely clear and assume absolutely nothing.

This said, here is where I'm at. The install went fine (/home/Dennis). Well no, actually I foolishly did rm -f -r and reinstalled TWICE before realizing that the problem wasn't with the install, but anyway it's installed in /home/Dennis and there are working desktop icons.

When I hit the icons nothing happened. I read a post here that suggested running glxinfo | grep and sure enough DRI = no. The Slackware forum suggested a solution for getting DRI to work which involved X -configure. I followed it and suddenly the game (Overture) starts.

But after the intro not only is there no game, the screen resolution is 600x800, the mouse is frozen and I have to force a shutdown.

With Black Plague I get through the intro and decide to choose the option to learn the controls. The screen is almost all white with some big beige pixels though I can read the text. And again, when I hit esc the whole computer freezes. So I'm guessing it's graphics card/driver issue.

I'd love to see this resolved. The game seems great and I'm eager to play. Thanks in advance.
07-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Slackware 12.2 - After Intro Games Will Not Work (yet) - by dennola4 - 07-19-2009, 01:38 PM