Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

An important personal note to the FG guys
Fred
Unregistered

RE: An important personal note to the FG guys

Sometimes I wonder if these review websites actually take the time to play these games on decent and recommended settings, or rather quickly look at a few Youtube videos or some crappy low resolution pictures on a store website, or just wait to be paid by the company for some better reviews.

(07-25-2009, 04:10 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Kind of overreacting with Valve, huh? There is new material for L4D coming aswell as L4D2. I think Valve are great, they've sold Half Life for 1$, all their games for like 80$ and lots of crazy stuff. That you can give games as gifts in case you buy several is also great.
They usually have really long spaces between their games so freaking out just about L4D2 sounds stupid and I most certainly don't think they are ignoring the community.

Also, have you either considered the concept. Hey, let's release Game 1 and the sequal Game 2 in a very short period, we'll promise to keep updating both games equally to maintain the community.

Left 4 Dead is already going to hell thanks to the user reputation/ranking system that never made it to prevent griefing, what makes you think people would buy Left 4 Dead as well when they see Left 4 Dead 2 on the store shelves?

I can hardly believe they will just put just as much effort in Left 4 Dead as in Left 4 Dead 2. See how long it takes for them to release updates for just a single game (took months to prepare that Left 4 Dead DLC, expect the time to at least double because they have to maintain two games equally, and it wasn't even that well perceived).

Nonetheless I have yet to see one advantage for Left 4 Dead with the fact it's sequel is being released exactly one year after the first game in the series.

I wonder what has gotten in to them, they boast about the fact (well not really boast, but like to educate other companies) about how they developed this caring infrastructure with Team Fortress 2 (with each free big update and each free weekend having a huge positive affect, even to the extend where certain sale amounts in a period surpass those of the sales done at release), yet now "rape" their most recent product with the failing Electronic Arts infrastructure (EA admitted one of their largest income was with the distribution of The Orange Box), and EA isn't doing so well the past years when you look at their year results.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2009, 03:47 AM by partthethird.)
07-26-2009, 03:36 AM

Messages In This Thread
An important personal note to the FG guys - by Fred - 07-25-2009, 03:36 PM