Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Vintage FPS games
Bob Saget Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Vintage FPS games

(07-31-2009, 11:47 AM)spukrian Wrote: On that note, if you can get past the simpleness and the lack of coulours, try Catacomb Abyss. It´s shareware, but due to a mistake, the shareware version contains all the levels of the full version.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one! I just got that one recently too... Oh, and thanks for the Shadow Warrior solution. I just kept trying to run it in DOSBox. :| But I just know I'm missing a few games, and it's driving me insane. I'll give a mention to Half-Life 1 and it's expansions and mods, even though it's not quite vintage yet.

Also, another one that I forgot to mention is Chex Quest. It's a promotional game made by the makers of Chex cereal that uses the DOOM engine, and for a free promo game, it's great.

Another one that I forgot was Nitemare 3D, Although I'm a little miffed that they turned the Hugo adventure games into an FPS...

Also, the one that's been bugging me most... System Shock 2. (Someone had to say it). Quite the unique and scary RPG-styled FPS, even though it was very puzzling at some parts... But I still love it. Smile

Anyway, I'll post more as I think of them.
08-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Vintage FPS games - by spukrian - 07-30-2009, 04:33 PM