Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Vintage FPS games
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Vintage FPS games

Definitely have to agree that Blood is definitely one of the best vintage FPS's out there. Its sequel, however, definitely failed. It was fun, but it didn't have the same dark atmosphere as the original. Blood 2 was silly with a slightly dark overtone. Blood 1 was dark with a slightly silly overtone. Trust me, it makes all the difference in the world.

Half-Life 1, I'll grant, is a well made game, but I'm not a big fan of it either. It can be good and fun at times, but there are moments where it just gets annoying and frustrating, ESPECIALLY Xen. I hate Xen. I can tolerate jumping challenges, but when you've got little room for error (at avoiding falling damage), that's enough to kill a game for me.

Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear is definitely the best one out of that franchise, I think. Love the strategy, and the ability to plan our the mission before hand. Plus, despite how tough it can be, it's still a damn fun game. Rainbow 6 #3 just plain sucked, and all the ones after that look a little too much like the latter for me.

Never really liked Ken's Labyrinth...a little too weird. There's just something about using a...jelly blob for a weapon that makes me lose interest.

Hmm...can't really think of much that hasn't already been mentioned...would classic Unreal Tournament count as a vintage game?

08-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Vintage FPS games - by spukrian - 07-30-2009, 04:33 PM