Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Animated Character/Monster For HPL2 Tutorial Series
Juras Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Animated Character/Monster For HPL2 Tutorial Series

(05-01-2015, 07:37 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: Questions:

1. Can you list any other programs that could be used with these tutorials in the same way Maya/ Z-Brush can be used?

2. Should I make a base mesh in Blender and then model it in Sculptris? I'm not sure... Huh

Thanks! Heart

I list alternatives of to programs I use under "Software And Hardware Used" section of my thread. Sculptris should work just fine for sculpting your model instead of Zbrush, and if you make a base mesh before it will be much easier to start sculpting so go ahead Smile However I don't know if Sculptris has the same polypaint tools as Zbrush, so you might have to paint the base diffuse in Mudbox (which has a free student version) if doesn't have any painting tools, but I'm sure it does.

As for Maya, I know some people rigged and animated their characters/monsters using Blender and it worked in HPL 2, but I haven't tried that so I wouldn't be able to help there. I still would advice using Maya for that though, you can get the 2013 student version for free which from my experience worked fine when I made some monsters for Amensia. There's even bigger chance the 2013 will do just fine as Amnesia now supports the FBX format.

Hope I answered your questions Smile

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
05-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Animated Character/Monster For HPL2 Tutorial Series - by Juras - 05-01-2015, 08:53 PM