Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Glowstick rave party
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Glowstick rave party

The glowstick will last forever, and the light will be completely, 100% contained when you put it away...it won't give away your position when a dog walks nearby (although if it gets close enough, it will still find you...obviously).

I did actually try that trick of trapping the dog in the container. I threw the jerky in there, barricaded it with some draggable boxes, and rejoiced at my cleverly devised method of getting the dogs out of my way! It was funny too, because the dog would try to knock the door out of the way--and I did actually hear the door break off as the dog collided with it--but with the boxes in position, he had no chance of escaping.

However, just to let you know Headhanger, there is a tiny flaw with this plan.

Spoiler below!
I entered another room, did my thing in that room, and then re-entered the hallway with the trapped dog. Well...the dog wasn't trapped anymore. The barricade was still holding firm, but the dog was outside, almost as if he had never been in the container to begin with. The way the game handles things, I guess, is that it'll save the positions of objects like boxes and doors and such, but the position of the dogs gets reset when you leave and re-enter the room. So before you plan on trapping the dogs like that again, make sure to consider whether its worth the effort.

Just to let you know.

EDIT: Oh, as for the dog ignoring the beef jerky...that might just be a small bug. I've had a problem or two trying to lure the dogs with the jerky as well...I doubt it was intentional, but maybe it just had something to do with where, in relation to the dog's sight radius, you threw the jerky. I forget, can you pick up jerky once you've thrown it? You might just need to try it a second time.

10-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Glowstick rave party - by Headhanger - 10-01-2009, 03:27 PM