Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thoughts on "Social Justice Warrior" Branding
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Thoughts on "Social Justice Warrior" Branding

(06-10-2015, 07:39 PM)i3670 Wrote: I think it should be mentioned that cancer is not a social justice topic because SJ is about "wealth, opportunities and privileges in a society". Cancer is not a part of those three areas. So if anything A is ignorantantly labelling C.

Now, was it wrong by A to tell a joke about cancer, not knowing its relationship to B? No. Was it inappropriate? Maybe, but since s/he did not know about B's position, s/he should receive a pass.

What bothers me the most is that C comes across as very self-righteous and tells A why s/he is wrong even though s/he's not.

I think that A was definitely not in the wrong as deserves a pass at the start when he told the joke unknowingly.

But where I think that he goes wrong is when he refuses to apologize and admit what he said may have been inappropriate. He may not have been ill-intentioned to begin with, but he did make a mistake which was unknowingly to him inappropriate.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
06-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on "Social Justice Warrior" Branding - by Kreekakon - 06-10-2015, 08:44 PM