Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game idea stuff for someone to make on the HPL 1 engine :P
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: Game idea stuff for someone to make on the HPL 1 engine :P

Can I make a suggestion? Why limit yourself with the HPL1 engine? HPL3 and SOMA are a week away and you want to go back to the Penumbra games?

I've read through the, might I add, well written plan but let me tell you, you can pretty much make a new combat system with HPL3, it will feel like Penumbra because you can export Penumbra monsters (so you don't need to hire modelers/animators) and also if it's 100% necessary you can export Penumbra assets (chairs, filing cabinets, computer) fairly easily.

The only problem's are the weapons and maybe the inventory (no SOMA inventory layout is confirmed yet). Frictional Games said that they used to have EMP grenades but scrapped it, if we remember from Amnesia they didn't use sanity potions but they still left it in, so it's safe to say that they might leave the weapon system in.

Also:
Wolves: Penumbra Dog
Zombie Types: Infected
Pests: Rats from Amnesia
Mutants: Amnesia Monsters, SOMA Monsters?
Spider Bugs: Amnesia Spiders
Bosses: SOMA Monsters?

Now this is the solution I'd use if I can't code or model, be creative with pre-made assets, as long as it has ties to it's companies games, you can use Frictional Games assets. I hope this helps with everything, but this is just a suggestion, SHOOT FOR THE STARS IF YOU WANT!

Good luck with your custom story/IFC! No matter what you use HPL1, 2 or 3! Tongue
09-15-2015, 07:08 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game idea stuff for someone to make on the HPL 1 engine :P - by A.M Team - 09-15-2015, 07:08 AM