Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Novel
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: Novel

Would be fun to flesh out Penumbra some more, but as Tom says, there is probably not a very large audience for it. What could be possible, is that if we ever release Penumbra HD, or what ever weird thing might happen in the future, a shorter story could be included in the pack. Penumbra has quite a lot of text, so there will probably be enough people who buy the game that will find it interesting. Not sure if anyone would buy a 300+ page book based around it though. Also, there are certain legal issues surrounded with releasing Penumbra material, so it is nothing we at Frictional Games can do whatever we please with (it's pretty "slack" legal stuff, but still, we do not have 100% freedom).

As for fan fiction, I do not think the releasing maps and such is needed and I think that would restrict people too much. It is more fun if people imagine themselves what might lurk in other parts of the base or what other weird things the Archaic have been up to. The places that we have left unknown are meant to be filled up by the players themselves, so they can fill them with their personal fears Smile

As closing note, I just wanna say that I would LOVE to read some fan fiction! Big Grin
11-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Novel - by Tombo - 11-14-2009, 12:48 PM