Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
[2015] What Are You Working On? Community Screenshots & Videos
Diago21 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: [2015] What Are You Working On? Community Screenshots & Videos

(10-11-2015, 12:11 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Whilst there's too many to criticize every single one - you need to use coloured lightning more, especially in picture 2 - where is that white light coming from? It really doesn't mesh well with the green light on the machine.

In general - you need to have a pointlight with low brightness and a large radius near your lights to simulate the "bouncing" of light, as right now you have ridiculously dark ceilings despite the fact the light would be reaching there quite easily. On top of that, in some levels I think you're using pointlights over spotlights, like the 6th picture - spotlights should be used from the lamps to create shadows under the tables. You also have light bleeding through the walls on some pictures - either way, just work on your lighting more, use more colour and maybe add some more detail. I love the ideas you have behind the screenshots, and would love to see them develop more.

Thanks for the feedback! Lighting is definitely tricky to master Sad I'm slowly getting the hang of it though, I hadn't actually used any of the hpl editors until SOMA came out and I'm finding it really interesting learning all about it Smile
10-12-2015, 06:34 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread