The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you want the early 2013 SOMA beta (Vertical Slice), along the deleted scenes from the Transmissions series to be published?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
84.62%
11 84.62%
No
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SOMA Vertical Slice (early beta from 2013) - inside SuperSecret folder
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16
Information  SOMA Vertical Slice (early beta from 2013) - inside SuperSecret folder

I noticed the video and some concept art of the early beta of the game from 2013, probably when the game was announced and the site went online, with the first gameplay trailer.

Though there are many similar areas with this game, and they seem somewhat lower resolution textures (maybe the game was using HPL-2 at that time), but the story seems very different overall, with different enemies, areas and plot elements (some references in the intercom records about a secret organisation like in Penumbra, Catherine is uploaded directly in Simon's mind like a second partition, etc.)

While I totally LOVED the final Soma game, the setting, the story, the gameplay, the endimg, EVERYTHING!!, I am also really fascinated by this alternate storyline!

Is there any way to get a version of the beta? I'm totally sure the Devs still got it in a playable state in their archive somewhere...

I know, I know, it's a beta, it doesn't represent the full game's quality, it's unstable, full of bugs, missing textures, etc (I know I used to work as a game beta tester), people will laugh at it, etc...BUT...I would PAY as much as for the full final game to play through the beta!

Please, is there any way we could get acces to this early version, provided as-is, with no technical support and no responsability of the Devs for any crashes resulting in PC damage, data loss or such situations???? At least a full playthrough video...I want more of this great masterpiece of digital art!

It could be released as a bonus or as paid content, eventually even a ported mobile version to run on IOS an Android devices...

UPDATE: Poll added.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 04:17 PM by Omnitool.)
09-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
SOMA Vertical Slice (early beta from 2013) - inside SuperSecret folder - by Omnitool - 09-29-2015, 09:18 PM