The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA to Superficial?
nonlin Offline

Threads: 2
[SPOILERS] SOMA to Superficial?

They don't really dive into what consciousness is? We just get fed these ideas and we gobble it up for the sake of the game but the game doesn't really dive into the topic of consciousness much at all does it? It dwells on some moral ground a bit but never really goes deeper than that which is really sad. The game has so much more potential for philosophical contemplation.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the game but it felt weak at times when the message could be so much louder if they took the time to nurture it a bit.

All those documents to give details to the situation but nothing really on the ARK, on the device that scans the mind, or how it is consciousness can be stored digitally?. What aspect of our electrical signals gets translated into 0's and 1's? And how is the Brain emulated digitally as well? They spoke about how it feels to not have the sensations of your limbs (Like floating in air says Catherine) but why is it we hear him breathing if there is no mouth to inhale? My understanding is that he is part human so he is in fact using the muscles I suppose then he just intakes through some other orifice? What about his voice? Where does that come from? Why does it sound like him if the vocal cords would be that of some other host body?

All these thoughts and host more that can't be answered just leave me wondering how much more ground could have been covered within the game. Really the game should be open to a sequel but with the way it ended I can't help but feel they might just wrap it up with this one which is a real shame.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 04:58 PM by nonlin.)
10-01-2015, 07:47 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[SPOILERS] SOMA to Superficial? - by nonlin - 10-01-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA to Superficial? - by Omnitool - 10-01-2015, 11:56 AM
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA to Superficial? - by grrrz - 10-01-2015, 02:01 PM