Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I was very scared throughout the whole game although certain enemies were of course scarier than others. To me the scariest enemy was actually the "jiangshi" because I never really understood it very well. I spent probably 40 minutes crouched in a corner in the Curie trying to calculate its patrol and when I finally decided to go for it I basically ended up walking right into it and had to run. I died, but running is how I got past it anyway because I never felt safe sneaking past it. The rest of the encounters were not necessarily less scary but I felt more confident in how I was able to interact with the environment and the enemies from that point on (I think the fact that the Curie level is all underwater definitely adds to the creepiness).

The only encounters that I would call "a bit annoying" were the ones in Theta starting with Akers in the upstairs area. This whole section until you get out of Theta was way too stressful - it literally wore out my nerves. I think this is probably the scariest section in the game and it felt the most dangerous even though it is probably in fact the least dangerous section in the game. It just went on and on for too long and I wanted it to stop. It's not that my immersion was broken, I just didn't have the energy for it. The fact that the enemies are blind really wasn't much more than mild consolation, and my brain in some way refused to believe it. I kept away from light sources and didn't dare turn the flashlight on even once.

Loved all of the encounters from that point on - they all felt fresh and individual.
10-06-2015, 01:02 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Bridge - 10-06-2015, 01:02 AM