Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

(10-14-2015, 02:49 AM)PiratesFr33k Wrote: I voted "Just an annoyance". I don't mean to be rude but... I really wish this game had a "no enemies" mode. I don't see the point of those mini-mechs really. Soma didn't *HAVE* to copy the same stuff from the Amnesia and Penumbra series, if you ask me.

I really, REALLY wanted to experience the game's story, be immersed by the environment and find out what's what, but those tedious "hide & seek" sequences ruined it for me.

Of course, this is just a matter of taste. Again, I'm sorry if my post comes across as diminishing. I certainly like the game's premise in general and it *IS* absolutely worth the money. (So no hard feelings, Frictional Games!) It's just that the game's introduction gave me the impression that it's a story-driven game. Which I (personally) would have liked a lot better.

What you mean to say is: It didn't need to be a horror game. Fair point, but this question is obviously framed within the context of it being a horror game. The way horror games tell a story and get the player invested is something quite unique to the horror genre and is something that appeals to a lot of people. To perceive the experience as being made up of story exposition on the one hand and horror sections on the other is a gross misunderstanding of the game.
10-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Bridge - 10-14-2015, 07:50 PM