Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I chose the best choice because I thought it wouldn't be fair to mention "annoying".

I generally liked them. The best things from Penumbra, TDD and even AMFP were mixed into this game: the warnings before encountering the monsters (flickering light, blurry screen, sounds...); prolonged encounters; monsters with completely different senses; props...

I'd say I endured 3 very tense moments: the don't-look-at-it monster on the shipwreck, although it does get a little annoying over time; the 3 proxies at Theta screaming all around when you accidentally kick a part on the ground; and the deep sea diver, the worst one - I had to stop playing the game for a day to chill out. This LP really played the part like I did, with the same feelings. Too bad it didn't end up in a chase like with all of the other enemies.

This new approach is interesting. The drawbacks are that it's a bit repetitive, though, as the essence is just to dump the player in a maze with a monster prowling around. Also, the player gets the feeling that they're relatively safe between these 3 tense moments, unlike Amnesia when you don't know what to expect around the corner... But I personally liked the sentiment of leaving a seemingly safe area to a hazardous one and the other way around. It was a nice experiment.
10-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by felixmole - 10-18-2015, 10:08 AM