Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soma wont use voicehandler subs in mod
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Soma wont use voicehandler subs in mod

Not exactly certain what you were trying to say there, but thanks to it I have figured it out.

I was mistaken about SOMA not using .lang files, SOMA simply does not use the english.lang for it, instead there are individual .lang files for every map. To create these I first setup the lines with subtitles in Voice Handler. Once that is done I can auto-generate a .ogg file for the voice using a computer voice, which I can replace later when I get an actor. After that if I go to my user_settings.cfg(the one your mod is running), I can enable AutogenerateLangFiles. Next time I start up my mod, it will then use the info to generate a lang file, with my subtitles in it(note you wont see subtitles in same session you generated them, you have to restart again to see).

So in conclusion the .voice should not be thought of as a file that stores all of the subtitles, but as a project file that can be used to generate said subtitles, as well as storing a few extra settings for the different lines to use, like the character that owns them, etc.
10-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Soma wont use voicehandler subs in mod - by WALP - 10-11-2015, 12:33 PM
RE: Soma wont use voicehandler subs in mod - by WALP - 10-11-2015, 06:11 PM