The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Game. Awful Translation.
Wolfspirit Offline

Threads: 1
Awesome Game. Awful Translation.

Hello,

Just thought I'm going to put in my two cents...

At first:
Thank you for this awesome game.
It really has a wonderful atmosphere...a deep story and many things to think about after playing. There isn't much to say about the game itself as it's really wonderful...

To bad such a wonderful game has many many translation errors making the story hard to follow at least in German. I'm not sure about the other languages. One example is when you arrive at Omicron and you enter the room with the glass room in the middle you can see a person inside saying "You need to stop it". The German text to that is "Du musst damit aufhören" which means something like "Stop doing that" which completly destroys the intention of that words. Everybody playing that in german is wondering "What do I need to stop?" while the person saying that would never want us to stop. He wants us to keep on doing what we are doing. It should better have been "Du musst es aufhalten" preparing on what is going to happen. The "stop it" is just translated in the completely wrong context. Most of the translations are done "right" and are completly correct german sentences, but even so they are "right" there are many places where the translation is just completly out of context as if the translation is done by someone who is just translating some texts without any context.

After playing the game in german I hate I actually played it in german cause of that. If I'd have known there are tons of that mistakes...I'd have played it in english so things actually make sense even so my english isn't the best.

I'm really hoping that kind of issues get fixed with an update maybe.....hopefully...
Or maybe some fans are able to add a better translation...Would love to see that.
10-23-2015, 08:56 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Awesome Game. Awful Translation. - by Wolfspirit - 10-23-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Awesome Game. Awful Translation. - by Mudbill - 11-03-2015, 03:50 PM