Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CathTool / Omnitool scripting error
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: CathTool / Omnitool scripting error

I've been getting this error as well. It's not a game-flow-breaking bug, though, so I haven't put a whole lot of effort in investigating what is causing it. My suspicion is that, since the omnitool has a part of it that is essentially a terminal, it assumes that any map that implements it is going to be making GUI calls to that terminal, and by default it searches for functions with specific signatures (like void CathTool_OnGui(const tString &in, float), for example). My guess is if you implement those functions in any way (even as empty functions), the errors should go away.

Though like I said, the errors don't really appear to hinder game performance in any way, so you could probably safely ignore them.

EDIT: Reading through some script files, I think that the signature could be _CathTool_OnGui(const tString &in, float) instead (note the leading underscore character). I'm not 100% sure, as I'm having some difficulty finding this function in SOMA level code.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2015, 06:32 AM by Abion47.)
10-30-2015, 05:53 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: CathTool / Omnitool scripting error - by Abion47 - 10-30-2015, 05:53 AM