Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary.
-[Badger]- Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary.

Wow, there are some novel sized posts here.

I have found that the scariest things in games are those that you CAN'T interact with. like the tunnel with the spiders, you heard them, and saw them run past at the end, but never ran into them. when I eventually did and could kill it, it became another enemy peon. the dogs, same deal. once I could kill it it was less scary. With the Tuur, it was mixed. Its what you cant see and cant beat that is terrifying. I always return to STALKER with the Wraiths. When I first encountered them it was alright. random objects thrown at my head from no where. I thought they were like gremlins in the vents with psychic powers, but I could never find them to kill them. the 2nd time playin through I even saved it and refused to go into the basements where they were. it wasn't till I saw the release material for the prequel about the wraith that it became clear to where it was and how I could kill it, they became less scary. The Tuurngait you cant kill and that keeps them scary; at times.

Outside Enemies, The character effects make the experience, with good environmental sounds. the heavy breathing. the increased heartbeat. the shaking. the random howls. I am Really excited for Amnesia, I can't wait.
05-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary. - by Akong - 02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
RE: Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary. - by -[Badger]- - 05-14-2010, 06:18 PM