The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Prefer a silent protagonist?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes i would.
11.76%
4 11.76%
No, Simon is ok.
88.24%
30 88.24%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would prefer a silent protagonist. [spoilers]
norwegianboyee Offline

Threads: 3
Would prefer a silent protagonist. [spoilers]

This was a great game but Simon often brought me out of the immersion. Often i found myself completely immersed in the game until Simon suddenly goes "Lambda can't be that far away right? How big is the ocean anyway? Hue hue!" or "Ok gotta find Theta, shouldnt be too hard!!" "Now i just need to find Omicron!!" I just wanted Simon to shut up so i could feel like i was playing a horror game. I think that's the problem though, this game tries to be a horror game AND some sort of exploration thinking game as well. Often i found myself wishing that it could decide to be one of them instead of trying to mix it all the time. Either i got annoyed by all the talking or i got annoyed by the monsters because they hindered me from properly exploring the beutifully crafted areas.
I wish this game had a silent protagonist or Simon would stop talking to himself and jumpscare-ing me. Also Simon acts completely different from what i would do, which really annoys me and is why a silent protagonist better.

Example 1:
Me: Ok, im going to unplug her... It's far better than her fate right now.
*unplugs her*
Simon: OH FUCK I KILLED HER!??
*facepalm*
Example 2:
Me: Oh... Im stuck down here. Well at least our copies are living on the Ark.
Simon: *Raging*
Me: dude calm down you moron!!
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015, 09:59 AM by norwegianboyee.)
11-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Would prefer a silent protagonist. [spoilers] - by norwegianboyee - 11-25-2015, 09:57 AM