The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Let's compile Penumbra [Linux, CMake, 64bit]
qubodup Offline

Threads: 2
Let's compile Penumbra [Linux, CMake, 64bit]

Forum Announcement: READ FIRST! Welcome to the the Frictional Games Open Source Forums helped. So I could start compiling Penumbra.

What I did so far was
git clone http://github.com/FrictionalGames/HPL1Engine.git
git clone http://github.com/FrictionalGames/OALWrapper.git
git clone http://github.com/FrictionalGames/PenumbraOverture.git
and then I tried to compile Penumbra, but it asked for HPL1Engine, so I tried to compile HPL1Engine
cd HPL1Engine
cmake .
make
but I got:
[  1%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/HPL.dir/sources/resources/ScriptManager.cpp.o
In file included from /home/qubodup/src/git/HPL1Engine/sources/resources/ScriptManager.cpp:23:0:
/home/qubodup/src/git/HPL1Engine/include/system/Script.h:23:25: fatal error: angelscript.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/HPL.dir/sources/resources/ScriptManager.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/HPL.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
then I saw that you have to get dependencies.zip
so I downloaded it and unzipped it and then
cp dependencies/include/ HPL1Engine/ -r
cp dependencies/lib/ . -r
now `make` finishes. Time to compile Penumbra.

cd ../PenumbraOverture
cmake .
make
This nearly works (You have to install newton, a non-free physics library first) but unfortunately I'm getting following error
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.5.0/../../../../lib/libNewton.a when searching for -lNewton
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libNewton.a when searching for -lNewton
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.5.0/../../../libNewton.a when searching for -lNewton
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libNewton.a when searching for -lNewton
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lNewton
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [overture.bin] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Overture.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
If you know how to solve this, please let me know, meanwhile I'm trying to get help on IRC and will keep you updated if I find a solution.

By the way, newton is installed in
/usr/lib/libNewton.a
/usr/include/Newton.h
on my machine.

Update:

I think copying lib/ and include/ to PenumbraOverture/ might help a little, but the basic problem seems to be that there is no 64bit Newton library (old version) and the new one won't work. What we need is a port to Bullet Smile

Request:
Please add the following information to the open source announcement, that would be great. Quote this post to see the source.

IRC Channel
Feel free to use this unofficial channel to get real-time help for compiling Penumbra & co!
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #penumbra
Web client link
05-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Let's compile Penumbra [Linux, CMake, 64bit] - by qubodup - 05-14-2010, 02:09 PM