Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Something To Pass The Time
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Something To Pass The Time

I saw a few trailers for both games and they looked interesting but not scary at all. One bone I'd like to pick in particular is the fact that the horror in the first game (found in a video depicting "scary gameplay") was lights turning on and off, a person appearing in front of player, the lights turning off again, and the most ridiculous scream I've ever heard so much that it was actually funny.

I also read that the puzzle solving is cumbersome. I heard that it involved some pixel hunting and that even if you come up with a solution to a puzzle you still have to go through various steps in a clue-finding mechanism.

Also, the writing in the trailers is sloppy.

However, I'm downloading the demo right now. Maybe it will be sexy.

EDIT: Holy porcupine baculums Batman! This game sure is unintuitive in its puzzle techniques and boring in its atmosphere!
Seriously, pixel. fucking. hunting.

The game starts with me in an abandoned house and gives the spiel about walking around in a small tutorial box. I do so. After I enter a different room it tells me to pick up the lantern. However, it meant to tell me that in the first room because the two lanterns in the room I am currently in are not interactable, but there is one in the starting room I later find out I can pick up. Before this, however, I enter a room looking for my lantern and enter a scripted event in which I pull out my FORMERLY NONEXISTENT LANTERN and creep into a room with a dead guy. Considering I never got a lantern and it feels like a bug (It is.) I restart the level and notice the actually interactable lantern is hiding in a dark corner.

So I have a door handle, a flashlight, a lantern, and a picture that I put together with tape. However, I have no clue as to how to advance. Best of all, the item examination feature in my inventory is not working. I was unable to look at the picture after I actually picked it up in order to DISCERN SOME CLUES.

There is also a long diary of someone describing his friends getting eaten by insects and it may have something to do with the plot but it's incredibly poorly written and uninteresting. No information such as a secret code is given. The last entry says that the noises they're making are actually Morse code but nothing is written down and all the ambient sounds being played are definitely not Morse code.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Something To Pass The Time - by RoyaleBeast - 06-01-2010, 04:15 AM
RE: Something To Pass The Time - by ROT51 - 06-01-2010, 11:49 AM
RE: Something To Pass The Time - by Yuhaney - 06-01-2010, 12:13 PM
RE: Something To Pass The Time - by jens - 06-01-2010, 01:41 PM
RE: Something To Pass The Time - by Yuhaney - 06-01-2010, 02:37 PM
RE: Something To Pass The Time - by Sexbad - 06-01-2010, 08:58 PM
RE: Something To Pass The Time - by RoyaleBeast - 06-01-2010, 10:21 PM
RE: Something To Pass The Time - by graykin - 06-01-2010, 10:57 PM