Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
That far in the future and they forget the "Cut" and "Paste" commands
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2
RE: That far in the future and they forget the "Cut" and "Paste" commands

I've been thinking about this today. About how there was so much variance in the "enemies" you encounter in the game. I feel like Ross definitely was the one who booted Simon 2. He has a lot of coherence for being a WAU product himself. He was also able to use his link with the WAU to his advantage, showing an extreme awareness of self. Some people just handle being in the WAU better than others, and therefore will cope and have higher influence on its actions. Akers is another example. The name of the proxies leads to the idea that those specific enemies are under heavy influence by Akers. I'm not sure if there is one consciousness somehow piloting all the proxies at once, or if he managed to copy himself several times and overwrite the brains of his victims. Needless to say, when the WAU mutations vary so greatly, it sure is odd that all the proxies look the same except for Akers himself. Like I mentioned in another thread, I really do wish there had been more to his character, especially after all the foreshadowing at Delta.

I don't know if Ross and Catherine would fight directly. They both had their own motives and outlook on the WAU. Ross was able to utilize his WAU connection to his advantage. His manipulation is very direct and overarching. Catherine keeps to herself and distances herself far away from association with the WAU, even showing disgust at Simon briefly linking to the gel flowers. Her manipulation of Simon is very covert and without intention of harming anyone, quite the opposite actually.

I do think there are presences in the game that are more closely synced to the WAU than others. It also depends on the body, as some work better kn their own physically, and others are so reliant on the WAU that they have to continuously consume power/gel from it to stay operational.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2015, 06:07 AM by Lazoriss.)
12-31-2015, 01:10 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: That far in the future and they forget the "Cut" and "Paste" commands - by Lazoriss - 12-31-2015, 01:10 AM