Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
That far in the future and they forget the "Cut" and "Paste" commands
Striker Offline

Threads: 2
RE: That far in the future and they forget the "Cut" and "Paste" commands

All excellent points, I did not consider Akers and his proxies until you mentioned it, but it makes perfect sense and is a brilliant concept illustrated.

He could be this model perhaps:

1 <---> Many (Master-slave), reads and writes both ways, but Master is the central controller

Everyone loves Akers. I think he needs his own DLC or something.

Also yep the physicality would play into it also as well. The more alike each person is, the more easily the scans could be loaded into them. The bodies being the hardware in the solution, some are better at it than others. Massive parallel processing and clustering solutions will typically use identical hardware, so there is little risk of variance in how the software is going to react to it.

Seems the working Simon 2 finally got it right with the robot head and the human body, since putting scans directly into robots wasn't working, and trying to hookup humans to the technology wasn't either. I am guessing that the Black boxes were the attempt to merge the humans with the WAU, but they just weren't suited for the job. However, because of their malfunction, a nice supply of headless bodies did by accident lead to the working solution of simply embedding the robot head into them, I am guessing since the remaining nervous system is less complex and is more about signal carrying than actual processing.

I've seen the idea in the Singularity crowd about embedding cortex chips directly into the skull, but these are mainly for extra memory space or uploading learning data. (I don't have to read War and Peace, I just upload it directly).

I think we already took one step towards merging with technology, with mobile devices. Many people are glued to them as an extension of themselves at this point, even if they aren't physically connected. Social media can be a very primitive version of the hive mind, though currently there is no control involved, just influence of thoughts (advertising) and massive ingestion and analysis of shared data (consumer spending habits and brand awareness).

Great discussions
12-31-2015, 05:29 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: That far in the future and they forget the "Cut" and "Paste" commands - by Striker - 12-31-2015, 05:29 AM